NCQA Offers ACO Accreditation Review
In January, the NCQA named six organizations that agreed to be first to undergo the accreditation process to be an ACO. The results will be announced by Dec. 31, Thomas says.
• Billings Clinic, Billings, MT
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
• Crystal Run Healthcare, Middletown, NY
• Essentia Health, Duluth, MN
• HealthPartners, Minneapolis, MN
? Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Houston, TX
Thomas says that the accreditation criteria may be applied to organizations working within Medicare ACO, or health plan models as well, although some of the criteria, such as measures for pediatric care or drug abuse and behavioral health care, are keyed for a population younger than age 65.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'