NCQA Offers ACO Accreditation Review
In January, the NCQA named six organizations that agreed to be first to undergo the accreditation process to be an ACO. The results will be announced by Dec. 31, Thomas says.
• Billings Clinic, Billings, MT
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
• Crystal Run Healthcare, Middletown, NY
• Essentia Health, Duluth, MN
• HealthPartners, Minneapolis, MN
? Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Houston, TX
Thomas says that the accreditation criteria may be applied to organizations working within Medicare ACO, or health plan models as well, although some of the criteria, such as measures for pediatric care or drug abuse and behavioral health care, are keyed for a population younger than age 65.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers