NCQA Offers ACO Accreditation Review
In January, the NCQA named six organizations that agreed to be first to undergo the accreditation process to be an ACO. The results will be announced by Dec. 31, Thomas says.
• Billings Clinic, Billings, MT
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
• Crystal Run Healthcare, Middletown, NY
• Essentia Health, Duluth, MN
• HealthPartners, Minneapolis, MN
? Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Houston, TX
Thomas says that the accreditation criteria may be applied to organizations working within Medicare ACO, or health plan models as well, although some of the criteria, such as measures for pediatric care or drug abuse and behavioral health care, are keyed for a population younger than age 65.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014