NCQA Offers ACO Accreditation Review
In January, the NCQA named six organizations that agreed to be first to undergo the accreditation process to be an ACO. The results will be announced by Dec. 31, Thomas says.
• Billings Clinic, Billings, MT
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
• Crystal Run Healthcare, Middletown, NY
• Essentia Health, Duluth, MN
• HealthPartners, Minneapolis, MN
? Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Houston, TX
Thomas says that the accreditation criteria may be applied to organizations working within Medicare ACO, or health plan models as well, although some of the criteria, such as measures for pediatric care or drug abuse and behavioral health care, are keyed for a population younger than age 65.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings