NCQA Offers ACO Accreditation Review
In January, the NCQA named six organizations that agreed to be first to undergo the accreditation process to be an ACO. The results will be announced by Dec. 31, Thomas says.
• Billings Clinic, Billings, MT
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
• Crystal Run Healthcare, Middletown, NY
• Essentia Health, Duluth, MN
• HealthPartners, Minneapolis, MN
? Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Houston, TX
Thomas says that the accreditation criteria may be applied to organizations working within Medicare ACO, or health plan models as well, although some of the criteria, such as measures for pediatric care or drug abuse and behavioral health care, are keyed for a population younger than age 65.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health
- Rural Means Older and Sicker, Data Confirms