Cardiac Registry Readmission Rates Now Public
CMS spokesman McLeod says that with the addition of PCI readmissions outcome data on Hospital Compare, the federal website is also refreshing measures showing processes of care, hospital acquired infections and patient experience survey scores. Mortality rates and imaging efficiency data will also receive their annual refresh.
Other readmission rates will not be updated until later this year because of a computer glitch, and measures for hip and knee replacement surgery are not being released until October.
These hospitals that had "better than" 30-day readmission rates for PCI:
1. Huntsville Hospital, AL
2. Munroe Regional Medical Center, FL
3. Genesis Medical Center, IA
4. Parkview Hospital, IN
5. Baystate Medical Center, MA
6. St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital, MS
7. Frye Regional Medical Center, NC
8. Nebraska Heart Hospital, NE
9. Greenville Memorial Hospital, SC
10. Piedmont Medical Center, SC
11. Fletcher Allen Health Care, VT
12. Sacred Heart Medical Center, WA
13. Bellin Memorial Hospital, WI
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013