PCMH Pilot Not Associated with Cost Reductions, Study Shows
The main obstacle to improved performance, he says, is the apparent difficulty physicians have in redistributing workload in their practices. "They were socialized that the physician does everything, that they're the captain of their ship," Crabtree says.
"Medical school does that to them. But now there is the reluctance among some physicians to give up autonomy. They need to have a more distributed leadership style."
Care coordinators need to work with nurse practitioners, physicians, and others in the practice. And they need to have certain skill sets, formalized training programs for which do not yet exist.
"Most of the places that are really successful at this are training their own people, but that's not a very viable model for broad dissemination," Crabtree says.
Friedberg says that the researchers were "surprised" at the lackluster results from this three-year study because these practices that were patient-centered medical homes were large, and had been among the longest running PCMH model practices in the country.
In summary, Friedberg says that the study demonstrates loud and clear that doctors and policy makers "are still really new at this. It's not an area where we've had a lot of experience, and so we're definitely still in an experimental phase.
"We really won't know what works until we test it."
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers