IHI Forum Reflections: 10 'Aha' Moments
10. Frederick Ryckman, MD, senior vice president of medical operations and professor of surgery at 523-bed Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
"One of the themes here was the near misses and precursor events, and to have a new appreciation of all this work being done to recognize those on multiple fronts. The old idea that there is a threshold (of mistakes and mishaps that happen in healthcare), and you can't get below that, is being dissolved."
There were more 'aha' moments expressed by others. But I'll write about those another time.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US