IHI Forum Reflections: 10 'Aha' Moments
10. Frederick Ryckman, MD, senior vice president of medical operations and professor of surgery at 523-bed Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
"One of the themes here was the near misses and precursor events, and to have a new appreciation of all this work being done to recognize those on multiple fronts. The old idea that there is a threshold (of mistakes and mishaps that happen in healthcare), and you can't get below that, is being dissolved."
There were more 'aha' moments expressed by others. But I'll write about those another time.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight
- Physician Pay Will Soon Depend on Outcomes