Add 'Healthcare Innovation Center' to Buzzwords List
Other centers just a few years older include the Center for Innovation at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, the Center for Innovation in Chronic Disease Care at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and the Center for Quality Improvement and Innovation at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Some of these are expanding as well.
Webcast: Alternative ACO Strategies: June 7, 2011, 1:00–2:30 pm (ET) Register today.
I think it's a good thing that these centers are getting together to share their ideas. Ted Eytan, MD, Medical Director with Kaiser Permanente, said it well: "Innovation can be at times a very lonely place, because people who innovate are few and far between and often doing things that are way ahead of the competition. But this is a community that tends to seek each other out."
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money