Add 'Healthcare Innovation Center' to Buzzwords List
Other centers just a few years older include the Center for Innovation at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, the Center for Innovation in Chronic Disease Care at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and the Center for Quality Improvement and Innovation at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Some of these are expanding as well.
Webcast: Alternative ACO Strategies: June 7, 2011, 1:00–2:30 pm (ET) Register today.
I think it's a good thing that these centers are getting together to share their ideas. Ted Eytan, MD, Medical Director with Kaiser Permanente, said it well: "Innovation can be at times a very lonely place, because people who innovate are few and far between and often doing things that are way ahead of the competition. But this is a community that tends to seek each other out."
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers