Add 'Healthcare Innovation Center' to Buzzwords List
Other centers just a few years older include the Center for Innovation at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, the Center for Innovation in Chronic Disease Care at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and the Center for Quality Improvement and Innovation at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Some of these are expanding as well.
Webcast: Alternative ACO Strategies: June 7, 2011, 1:00–2:30 pm (ET) Register today.
I think it's a good thing that these centers are getting together to share their ideas. Ted Eytan, MD, Medical Director with Kaiser Permanente, said it well: "Innovation can be at times a very lonely place, because people who innovate are few and far between and often doing things that are way ahead of the competition. But this is a community that tends to seek each other out."
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement