Add 'Healthcare Innovation Center' to Buzzwords List
Other centers just a few years older include the Center for Innovation at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, the Center for Innovation in Chronic Disease Care at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and the Center for Quality Improvement and Innovation at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Some of these are expanding as well.
Webcast: Alternative ACO Strategies: June 7, 2011, 1:00–2:30 pm (ET) Register today.
I think it's a good thing that these centers are getting together to share their ideas. Ted Eytan, MD, Medical Director with Kaiser Permanente, said it well: "Innovation can be at times a very lonely place, because people who innovate are few and far between and often doing things that are way ahead of the competition. But this is a community that tends to seek each other out."
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- Less Blood Testing for Some Surgeries Safe, Cost Effective
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Lower ED Margins Demand a Better Strategy
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions