Q&A: Parkland's Incoming Interim CEO on Problem Solving
Q. Have you had any discussions with Dr. Royer?
A. I know Tom. We both worked at Christus. I spent time with him yesterday and I'll spend time with him today.
Q. Your current contract is for four months. Are you committed to staying until a permanent CEO is named?
A. I am, but that's at the will of the board. I am not a candidate for the permanent CEO position. At this stage in my career it's not something I am interested in. If I were at a younger stage in my career it would be an attractive position.
Q. Why did you take on this job?
A. I didn't just get a telephone call and say, 'okay I'm in.' Parkland has had a great reputation over the years for saving lives and performing miracles. There are a large number of very dedicated people at Parkland who are doing the right thing but are faced with a challenge right now. Who wouldn't want to be part of this?
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians