Parkland Hospital Preps for CMS Reassessment
"We're trying to emulate the kind of activities a surveyor would do, such as going out to each unit at all shifts. We have people on our team who will come in Saturday night at 9:00 or early morning hours on a Monday morning," says Urbanowicz.
Board members were generally pleased with October's progress report.
The board also approved a two-month extension of interim Chief Executive Officer, Robert "Bob" Smith's term. Smith is a retired executive from Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. His original four-month contract will now last for at least six months, with the option to be approved on a monthly basis after February. Smith is Parkland's second interim CEO.
He declined to be a candidate for a permanent CEO, in a recent interview, saying "... it's not something I am interested in. If I were at a younger stage in my career it would be an attractive position."
Jacqueline Fellows is an editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing
- Hacking Healthcare is Fred Trotter's Passion