Parkland Hospital Preps for CMS Reassessment
"We're trying to emulate the kind of activities a surveyor would do, such as going out to each unit at all shifts. We have people on our team who will come in Saturday night at 9:00 or early morning hours on a Monday morning," says Urbanowicz.
Board members were generally pleased with October's progress report.
The board also approved a two-month extension of interim Chief Executive Officer, Robert "Bob" Smith's term. Smith is a retired executive from Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. His original four-month contract will now last for at least six months, with the option to be approved on a monthly basis after February. Smith is Parkland's second interim CEO.
He declined to be a candidate for a permanent CEO, in a recent interview, saying "... it's not something I am interested in. If I were at a younger stage in my career it would be an attractive position."
Jacqueline Fellows is an editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries