Cardiac Registry Readmission Rates Now Public
CMS spokesman McLeod says that with the addition of PCI readmissions outcome data on Hospital Compare, the federal website is also refreshing measures showing processes of care, hospital acquired infections and patient experience survey scores. Mortality rates and imaging efficiency data will also receive their annual refresh.
Other readmission rates will not be updated until later this year because of a computer glitch, and measures for hip and knee replacement surgery are not being released until October.
These hospitals that had "better than" 30-day readmission rates for PCI:
1. Huntsville Hospital, AL
2. Munroe Regional Medical Center, FL
3. Genesis Medical Center, IA
4. Parkview Hospital, IN
5. Baystate Medical Center, MA
6. St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital, MS
7. Frye Regional Medical Center, NC
8. Nebraska Heart Hospital, NE
9. Greenville Memorial Hospital, SC
10. Piedmont Medical Center, SC
11. Fletcher Allen Health Care, VT
12. Sacred Heart Medical Center, WA
13. Bellin Memorial Hospital, WI
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'