Tips to Engage Nurses in Mandatory Training
Lesson learned: Sometimes a good idea can become a great idea with a bit of tweaking. It often isn’t necessary to abandon a methodology, instead, just enhance it. We have found that as we learn more about gaming techniques and their application to education, each year we have been able to take an online program from boring to exciting. It’s now a program that our staff look forward to and wonder how we’ll step up our game for the next year.
We may still be novices at this, but we have come miles in terms of our ability to develop and deliver an exciting program.
Jo-Ann C. Byrne, RN, BS, MHSA, is director of education and organizational development at St. Vincent’s Healthcare in Jacksonville, FL, and the coauthor of the book Quick-E Pro Scripting: A Guide for Nurses.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic