Tips to Engage Nurses in Mandatory Training
Lesson learned: Sometimes a good idea can become a great idea with a bit of tweaking. It often isn’t necessary to abandon a methodology, instead, just enhance it. We have found that as we learn more about gaming techniques and their application to education, each year we have been able to take an online program from boring to exciting. It’s now a program that our staff look forward to and wonder how we’ll step up our game for the next year.
We may still be novices at this, but we have come miles in terms of our ability to develop and deliver an exciting program.
Jo-Ann C. Byrne, RN, BS, MHSA, is director of education and organizational development at St. Vincent’s Healthcare in Jacksonville, FL, and the coauthor of the book Quick-E Pro Scripting: A Guide for Nurses.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers