Tips to Engage Nurses in Mandatory Training
Lesson learned: Sometimes a good idea can become a great idea with a bit of tweaking. It often isn’t necessary to abandon a methodology, instead, just enhance it. We have found that as we learn more about gaming techniques and their application to education, each year we have been able to take an online program from boring to exciting. It’s now a program that our staff look forward to and wonder how we’ll step up our game for the next year.
We may still be novices at this, but we have come miles in terms of our ability to develop and deliver an exciting program.
Jo-Ann C. Byrne, RN, BS, MHSA, is director of education and organizational development at St. Vincent’s Healthcare in Jacksonville, FL, and the coauthor of the book Quick-E Pro Scripting: A Guide for Nurses.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Programs focus on high-risk patients to reduce spending