Tips to Engage Nurses in Mandatory Training
Lesson learned: Sometimes a good idea can become a great idea with a bit of tweaking. It often isn’t necessary to abandon a methodology, instead, just enhance it. We have found that as we learn more about gaming techniques and their application to education, each year we have been able to take an online program from boring to exciting. It’s now a program that our staff look forward to and wonder how we’ll step up our game for the next year.
We may still be novices at this, but we have come miles in terms of our ability to develop and deliver an exciting program.
Jo-Ann C. Byrne, RN, BS, MHSA, is director of education and organizational development at St. Vincent’s Healthcare in Jacksonville, FL, and the coauthor of the book Quick-E Pro Scripting: A Guide for Nurses.
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD