Stratus Healthcare Alliance Strategy Detailed
"Across the country, we have seen a wave of provider consolidation and integration. While Stratus is notable for the relatively large number of organizations it contains and its relatively loose nature, it is part of a greater trend of cooperation," Powell says. "While state governments have been forming regional health information networks, this alliance goes a step further, as it moves the organizations towards operational integration.
Stratus Healthcare member hospitals and their medical staffs include:
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital (Cochran)
- Central Georgia Health System, which includes: Medical Center of Central Georgia (Macon); Central Georgia Rehabilitation Hospital (Macon); and Medical Center of Peach County (Byron)
- Coffee Regional Medical Center (Douglas)
- Columbus Regional Health System, which includes: Columbus Regional Medical Center (Columbus); Doctors Hospital (Columbus); and Hughston Hospital (Columbus)
- Crisp Regional Hospital (Cordele)
- Dodge County Hospital (Eastman)
- Houston Healthcare, which includes: Houston Medical Center (Warner Robins); and Perry Hospital (Perry)
- Jasper Memorial Hospital (Monticello)
- Oconee Regional Medical Center (Milledgeville)
- Putnam General Hospital (Eatonton)
- South Georgia Medical Center Health System, which includes: South Georgia Medical Center (Valdosta); Smith Northview Hospital (Valdosta); and Louis Smith Memorial Hospital (Lakeland); Clinch Memorial Hospital (Homerville); SGMC Berrien Campus (Nashville)
- Taylor Regional Hospital (Hawkinsville)
- Tift Regional Health System, which includes: Tift Regional Medical Center (Tifton); and Cook Medical Center (Adel).
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?