CHIME: Mostashari Urges Focus on MU Hardship Exemptions
"Vendor user groups are good. Vendor-provided platforms where you can share modules or content, that's good. It just doesn't feel like we're having enough of that happening to get us collectively through this next difficult period."
"I'm seeing a problem in terms of the matching up between the supply and the demand of new products. I'm seeing a lot of people coming up with ideas, not necessarily businesses yet, who are pitching furiously. They need some partners. They need some clinical understanding. They need a place to try out their new innovations. Someone said to me, it was the vice president for innovation at Dignity, said I've had a thousand people come to me with readmission algorithms… I don't know that I need a thousand of them, but it would be nice to know which one's best. It's really hard to evaluate which products, which vendors, those additional vendors you want to work with. And it's really hard for them without making that connection. So again, a lot of what we're going to need is going to be about matching up with each other, matching up the learning, matching up with innovation…a lot of it isn't government policy."
Scott Mace is senior technology editor at HealthLeaders Media.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement