In light of the range of responses from hospital and healthcare system executives on how they would rate their organizations in dealing with uncompensated care, we asked Council members in the July issue of HealthLeaders magazine to evaluate their methods of dealing with the uninsured, an issue at the center of the dialogue around healthcare reform.
The Challenge of Uncompensated Care
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?