In light of the range of responses from hospital and healthcare system executives on how they would rate their organizations in dealing with uncompensated care, we asked Council members in the July issue of HealthLeaders magazine to evaluate their methods of dealing with the uninsured, an issue at the center of the dialogue around healthcare reform.
The Challenge of Uncompensated Care
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts