SLIDESHOW: 2014 Industry Survey--Forging Healthcare's New Financial Foundation
By HealthLeaders Media Staff, February 21, 2014
About this Report:
This report is available in a premium, buying power, and complimentary version. Decide which is right for you:
COMPLIMENTARY - A complimentary resource, this Intelligence Report offers proprietary survey results on critical topics in healthcare, powered by the HealthLeaders Media 6,500 member Council.
Access expert analysis on industry trends and issues affecting your organization.
PREMIUM - is designed for healthcare decision makers, and provides key takeaways and actionable strategies; three real-world case studies; segmentation data, and a meeting guide.
PREMIUM BUYING POWER - is designed for healthcare industry suppliers and includes all the content in the Premium version, plus: detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections to aid marketing and sales strategies.
More information about this report
This exclusive, original research and analysis offers key insight from top healthcare executives and clinical leaders, including:
- Consensus on healthcare reform success factors is strong: 89% rank clinical care continuum relationships as an area of top opportunity, followed by health information exchange (76%), population health management (75%), and primary care redesign (74%).
- Nearly one-third (27%) of respondents report that their investment in EHR was largely a waste of money.
- Analysts insist that data analytics is key to reducing costs and implementing population health management?but 25% of respondents say their analytics team is weak or very weak.
- More respondents today feel the industry is on the right track than just two years ago (31% vs. 25%), yet fewer than half (47%) say their financial forecast is positive or strongly positive.
- The set of most valued cost-control techniques remains virtually unchanged from 2012, suggesting that respondents see a limit to achieving gains through cost cutting.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition