Thomson Reuters Names Top 10 Health Systems
Thomson Reuters on Tuesday released its third annual study identifying the 10 top U.S. health systems based on quality of care, efficiency, and patient satisfaction.
"This year, the 10 Top Health Systems set a new standard for high quality of care across all of the communities they serve," Jean Chenoweth, senior vice president for performance improvement and 100 Top Hospitals programs at Thomson Reuters, said in a statement "These systems are positioned to continue performing well as we move further into the era of healthcare reform."
Webcast: Alternative ACO Strategies: June 7, 2011, 1:00–2:30 pm (ET) Register today.
The 10 were selected from among 285 U.S. health systems based on their performance in eight areas:
- in-hospital mortality
- medical complications
- patient safety
- severity-adjusted average length of stay
- 30-day post-discharge mortality rate
- 30-day post discharge readmission rate for heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia
- adherence to clinical standards of care
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems patient survey score