- Alexandra Wilson Pecci, February 20, 2018
The FAST Act changes Medicare rules to expand telestroke reimbursement to urban and suburban hospitals.
- Philip Betbeze, February 1, 2018
UPMC's five-year-old tablet-based program was initially only for patients with congestive heart failure, but is now in the process of expanding to as many as four other conditions, and is a valuable tool in preventing expensive and unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Alexandra Wilson Pecci, January 30, 2018
A new bill would allow reimbursement for telehealth visits that meet the same standard of care as in-person visits.
- Alexandra Wilson Pecci, January 23, 2018
Tablet technology is a 'key enabler' to patient experience.
- Alexandra Wilson Pecci, January 16, 2018
This technology can accurately predict 30-day readmissions and clarify the AI process for clinicians.
- Alexandra Wilson Pecci, January 9, 2018
Kaiser Permanente's coordinated telemedicine response workflow slashes ‘door-to-needle’ time for stroke patients.
- HCPro Staff, January 3, 2018
After 'texting is not permitted' confusion, CMS clarifies when secure messaging apps are appropriate.
- Alexandra Wilson Pecci, January 2, 2018
Optimize EHR systems now to allow PAs to practice at the top of their licensure and ensure the best patient safety standards, says an AAPA regulatory and practice director.
- Scott Mace, February 1, 2018
Five IT innovations that health leaders can bet on to help their organizations deliver better care.