Jury's Still Out On QR Codes

Quick Response codes are a way to connect a print campaign with an online campaign, while tracking the results.  They're undeniably quirky and can spark curiosity, but healthcare marketing professionals are still evaluating the effectiveness of this technology.

6 comments on "Jury's Still Out On QR Codes"
Mike Losee (9/23/2011 at 4:09 PM)

Great article and very topical points. I hosted a roundtable at SHSMD on Mobile marketing and the QR code issues of relevancy and knowing your audience were key parts of the discussion. It's great to see the SHSMD attendees emphasize that you simply can't "QR code just for the sake of QR coding". Hopefully, all of the C-suites will agree!
Zach (9/22/2011 at 2:59 PM)

Interesting article - QR codes are definitely growing in use. However, in order for them to be effective, you have to deliver quality content. Whether you are marketing your brand with QR codes, SMS short codes, or StarStar Numbers, you need to deliver your customers something valuable. Thanks for the article!
Zach (9/22/2011 at 2:53 PM)

Interesting article - QR codes are definitely growing in use. However, in order for them to be effective, quality content must be delivered. Whether you are promoting your brand with QR codes, sms short codes, or StarStar Numbers, you need to deliver something of value to your customers. Thanks for the article!
Derek Rudnak (9/21/2011 at 9:42 PM)

I recently helped host an exhibitor's booth at the NANN 2011 conference on the behalf of my client, MediPurpose, for their babyLance heel stick. Of approximately 100 exhibitors that I visited during a break, only one had a prominent QR code. I spoke with that exhibitor, and they confirmed what I suspected: Only a few people demonstrated any interest in it or knowledge of it. Personally, I think QR has a wealth of potential; just a matter of waiting for mainstream adoption by audiences.
Billy Martin (9/21/2011 at 4:07 PM)

Great post, I think you are right QR Codes are here to stay, and as technology grows so will the use of these codes. Thank You for Sharing this 8=)
Christy Broccardo-Davis (9/21/2011 at 3:16 PM)

Really enjoyed this article. We are using QR codes in our external campaigns, appreciated the summary of the pros and cons, plus I got some good advice on how to use them in a couple of new ways.