Marketing to Women: Proven techniques to reach key healthcare decision-makers
Register for this webcast
WEBCAST ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
presented on November 15, 2007
Sponsored by Healthcare Strategic Management
Want to see measurable marketing results? Learn how to reach women.
Targeting this important group with effective marketing and programs directly affects your hospital’s bottom line. After all, women are the number one healthcare decision-makers, responsible for more than 80% of healthcare purchasing decisions. Not only that, but women are now making decisions for more people in more generations. As mothers, sisters, wives, daughters, and friends, women are often providers of care for those around them, and play a significant role in encouraging their loved ones to seek medical attention.
Many hospitals have become more sophisticated about tailoring their message to specific demographics, and they are seeing positive results from their efforts.
During this Webcast, you'll hear from two hospitals that are reaping the rewards of targeting their marketing efforts toward women. From free publications to focused wellness programs, they will discuss strategies for segmenting these powerful decision-makers, and what they have learned along the way. Plus, a healthcare marketing consultant will dig down into the female demographic to detail the various niches within that niche and explain how that applies to your marketing message. This program provides concrete examples of successful campaigns, and gives you innovative ideas you can implement to bring in new and recurring business for your healthcare organization.
This educational Webcast will help you and your colleagues to:
- Define the key niches within the female demographic
- Benefit from case studies and examples of marketing strategies to women that work
- Generate new business and track marketing return on investment
- Gain market share
- Boost community image ratings
- Educate and involve your consumers to gain loyalty
- Differentiate your facility from the competition
- A deeper understanding of the demographic when marketing to women
- Identify the needs and nuances of the female consumer
- Determine effective techniques for marketing based on the woman’s experiences, roles, responsibilities
- Relationship marketing strategies directed at women that generate referrals and revenues
- Case study: An integrated communications approach that incorporates call center, fitness center, and other resources
- Case study: Annual women’s program educates consumers and builds relationships
- Targeted marketing strategies that gain additional business and market share
- Case study: Choose newspaper, cable, Web, and direct mail to reach women
- Case study: Magazine boasts long-term popularity, triggers measurable reader response, generates calls and registrations
- Emerging trends in targeting healthcare marketing to women
- Attract women with complementary and alternative medicine
- Find ways to segment the female demographic and determine how to reach them
MEET OUR SPEAKERS
Jane Fielding Ellis serves as the vice president of marketing, public relations, and community health at Holy Name Hospital in Teaneck, NJ.—which was selected as a winner in this year’s HealthLeaders Media Marketing Awards contest. In three short years there Ellis has repositioned Holy Name Hospital (an affiliate of the New York Presbyterian Health Care System and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons) by developing the hospital's first corporate strategic marketing plan. She now plays a pivotal role in developing and implementing several major new areas of focus for Holy Name Hospital. These include: a gender–specific cardiovascular health program for women; the Interventional Institute for new, high-tech radiology care; Holy Name’s award-winning Regional Cancer Center; the Bone & Joint Center; the Ask A Nurse Call Center; and two community membership programs Her Heart First and Fifty First.
Barbara Bellman is president of 3-Legged Stool. Bellman is an entrepreneur, businesswoman, author, lecturer, consultant and marketing coach, with a focus on developing integrated communication strategies for the beauty, health, and medical industries. With more than 30 years in strategic marketing, her skills in brand management have helped clients be more competitive in their respective categories. A frequent lecturer and contributor to major national marketing publications, she has authored two leading strategic marketing books in the area of gender-specific marketing: Reaching Women, the way to go in marketing healthcare services (1987) and Hitting the Right Nerve (2002).
Marge Zimmermann is the marketing & communications coordinator for OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford, IL. She has been in her position for 19 years, and is responsible for writing and editing internal and numerous external communications, promotions, and ads. One of her responsibilities is researching, interviewing, writing, and editing articles for the Regarding Women & Healthcare publication, which has grown into a circulation of over 65,000 readers. Regarding Women as well as a number of Zimmermann’s articles for other publications have received awards from the Illinois Society of Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations. In addition, she also handles a number of media inquiries and helps promote OSF Saint Anthony service lines through various venues, including all media, the OSF Web site, and company IntraNet, and community outlets, such as the Chamber of Commerce.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Any healthcare professionals involved in marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications for hospitals and health systems. Specific titles include:
- Marketing, advertising and PR directors, VPs, and professionals
- Advertising and PR agencies and consultants
- C-suite level hospitals executives: CEOs, COOs, CFOs, etc.
NEW PARTICIPATION OPTION- WEBCAST ON-DEMAND
In addition to the regular participation options for HCPro webcasts- live, CD or combination packages- we are pleased to offer a new option, webcast on-demand. When you purchase a webcast on-demand you will be able to view the program any where and any time by logging into your account on healthleadersmedia.com.
Program Materials and System Requirements
Please note that to fully benefit from the Webcast experience, you will need a computer equipped with an Internet connection, sound card, and one of the following browsers: Netscape Navigator 4.7 or Internet Explorer version 5 or higher.