The widely read list identifies what it says are the top pediatric hospitals that deliver high-quality care across multiple specialties.
Boston Children's Hospital once again tops U.S. News and World Report's Honor Roll of the nation's Best Children's Hospitals, on a list that, for the most part, has held steady from previous years.
Here’s 2018-19's Top 10 list:
1. Boston Children's Hospital
2. Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
3. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
4. Texas Children's Hospital
5. Children's National Medical Center
6. Children's Hospital Los Angeles
7. Nationwide Children's Hospital
8. Johns Hopkins Children's Center
9. Children's Hospital Colorado
10. Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
This year's rankings name the top 50 centers in each of 10 pediatric specialties: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology, and urology.
The Best Children's Hospitals methodology factors measures such as patient outcomes, including mortality and infection rates, as well as available clinical resources and compliance with best practices, U.S. News said.
The magazine said it used RTI International, a North Carolina-based research and consulting firm, to collect and analyze data from children's hospitals and surveyed thousands of pediatric specialists.
John Commins is a content specialist and online news editor for HealthLeaders, a Simplify Compliance brand.