The report explores how businesses are addressing talent acquisition challenges, managing background screening, and training their workforce to adapt to dynamic market conditions.
This article was first published on July 31, 2023, by HR Daily Advisor, a sibling publication to HealthLeaders.
One of the reasons companies care so much about employee retention is that it’s difficult, time-consuming, and costly to onboard new talent. Nevertheless, individual companies and departments don’t control the labor market, and they have to work with the world that exists, not the one they wish existed.
Increasingly, companies are turning to third-party providers of recruitment, hiring, and background screening services and tools to help them cope with high levels of turnover.
Survey Reveals Recruiting Trends
HireRight, a global provider of employment background checks, drug testing, and employment and education verifications, recently released its annual report on the state of the employment landscape. The new report, titled “Navigating New Territories,” explores how businesses are addressing talent acquisition challenges, managing background screening, and training their workforce to adapt to dynamic market conditions.
Here are the five key global takeaways from the report:
1. Speed has jumped to the top of the priorities list for employers in each region when choosing a background screening provider, with accuracy of results and cost making up the top three.
2. More companies in 2023 are using criminal checks, with 4-year-high adoption rates in each region.
3. Half of global respondents said their business uses an applicant tracking system (ATS)—up from two-fifths in the company’s 2022 Benchmark Survey.
4. Over half of respondents said recruitment carried on roughly as expected in 2022; two-fifths reported hiring more workers to meet increased demands on their business.
5. Remote working numbers are expected to remain stable in North America and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), but a slight decline is expected in Asia-Pacific (APAC) by the start of 2024.
Mandates for Employers
Despite an environment where employer sentiment is mixed in terms of whether we’re still in the midst of the Great Resignation, hiring effectively is always critical for companies of all types and sizes. It’s clear that trend will continue, along with increasing attention to ways companies can boost the odds that their new hire will be a good one.
HR Daily Advisor is BLR’s FREE daily source of HR tips, news, and advice. HR Daily Advisor offers free webcasts, articles, and reports on topics important to HR and compensation professionals.