Board members provide proficiencies from a range of perspectives and skills.
The American Nurses Association (ANA) today announced the launch of its new Innovation Advisory Board (IAB)—a group of leaders with deep expertise in healthcare innovation.
The 15-member board is comprised of representatives from nursing, education, design, nonprofit, business, venture, and philanthropy, who can offer a range of perspectives, experiences, and skills, ANA said in press release.
The IAB's purpose is to provide strategic guidance and thought leadership to ANA's Vice President of Nursing Innovation Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN, PHN in developing and executing innovation.
"We are fortunate to have their vision and breadth of experience as we work to advance broader health nationally through innovation led by nurses," Beaudet said. "We wholeheartedly welcome their leadership and insights as we move this work forward."
Innovation is at the foundation of nursing, the new board members said.
"Nurses have many innovative solutions to the problems they see every day, and now is the time that we harness that energy, knowledge, and experience, and cultivate a culture of innovation in the profession," said Marion Leary, RN, MSN, MPH, director of Innovation at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing.
"Nurses are one of the great untapped resources in healthcare innovation. When nurses innovate, we all benefit," said Ahrin Mishan, MPA, MA, executive director of The Rita and Alex Hillman Foundation, which funds nurse-led approaches to transforming the cost and delivery of care.
The other 13 board members are:
- Karen Giuliano, PhD, RN, FAAN, MBA, associate professor at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst
Institute for Applied Life Sciences and College of Nursing.
- Lauran Hardin, MSN, CNL, FNAP, FAAN, senior advisor at Camden Coalition's National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs.
- Katherine Kenney, DNP, RN, ANP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, associate dean of Academic Affairs at Arizona State University College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
- Chris McCarthy, MBA, MPH, vice president of Strategy and Design at HopeLab.
- Brian Mohika, BSN, RN, CEO of Cathwear, LLC.
- Daniel Pesut, PhD, RN, FAAN, emeritus professor at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing.
- Teddie Potter, PhD, RN, FAAN, director of Planetary Health at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing.
- Tim Raderstorf, DNP, RN, MSN, chief innovation officer at The Ohio State University College of Nursing.
- Faye Sahai, MBA, PMP, SCPM, managing director at Vinaj Ventures.
- Rae Walker, PhD, RN, assistant professor and PhD program director at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst School of Nursing.
- Dan Weberg, PhD, RN, head of Clinical Innovation at Trusted Health.
- Tami Wyatt, PhD, RN, CNE, CHSE, ANEF, FAAN, associate dean of Research at The University of Tennessee College of Nursing.
- Christi Zuber, PhD, RN, MHA, founder and managing director of Aspen Labs.
“Nurses are one of the great untapped resources in healthcare innovation. When nurses innovate, we all benefit.”
Ahrin Mishan, MPA, MA, executive director, The Rita and Alex Hillman Foundation
Carol Davis is the Nursing Editor at HealthLeaders, an HCPro brand.