Terms of Service
Content Provided "As Is"
BY USING HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA'S SERVICES YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA CONTENT AND SERVICES ("CONTENT AND SERVICES") ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO CONTENT OR SERVICES ON OUR WEB SITE IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE, WHETHER MEDICAL, FINANCIAL, LEGAL OR OTHERWISE. HCPRO AND THOSE POSTING OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING INFORMATION, SERVICES OR CONTENT ON OUR WEB SITE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT ON OUR WEB SITE. YOUR USE OF HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA CONTENT AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT. HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ITS CONTENT OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS. ANY MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEB SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM OUR WEB SITE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THEIR TERMS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM: (1) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA CONTENT OR SERVICES, (2) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OR CONTENT, (3) THE STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OUR SITES, (4) RELIANCE ON CONTENT OR POSTINGS ON OUR SITES, OR (5) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO OUR WEB SITE OR HEALTHLEADERS MEDIA CONTENT OR SERVICES. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT HCPRO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
Time Limitation of Claims
You agree that any claim or cause of action arising out of your use of our Web Site or this Agreement must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or it shall forever be barred, notwithstanding any statute of limitations or other law to the contrary. Within this period, any failure by HealthLeaders Media to enforce or exercise any provision of this Agreement or related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
Subscription Agreements and Licenses Control
HealthLeader Media's obligations with respect to its Content and Services are governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided. If you obtain Content or a Service from HealthLeaders Media off this web site that is provided without an agreement, that product or service is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties whatsoever, express or implied, and your use of that product or service is at your own risk.
Third Party Links
Links on this website to third-party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. HealthLeaders Media has not reviewed all of these third-party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Thus, HealthLeaders Media does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Web Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify and hold HealthLeaders Media, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, claims, demands, disputes, damages or costs of any kind, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, resulting from or in any way connected with (a) your use of or reliance on HealthLeaders Media Services or Content, (b) your connection to our Web Site, (c) your violation of this Agreement, or (d) your violation of any rights of another party.
Choice of Law
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
© Copyright 2007 HealthLeaders Media. All rights reserved.
HealthLeaders Media web site pages may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information which should be observed.
Please note that the comments feature of this website is being provided as a forum for public discussion about issues relating to healthcare. HealthLeaders Media encourages frank and open discussion among members and visitors. However, it is critical that comments be used responsibly, and that individuals posting and reading messages understand and adhere to a few basic rules:
- HealthLeaders Media has no direct control over content posted on this website by members and visitors and therefore cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of any information contained in posts, including the identity or expertise of the individuals who submit them. The views expressed in posts may not necessarily reflect the views of HealthLeaders Media.
- Nothing in the posts should be interpreted as medical or legal advice, or the rendering of medical, legal or other professional services. If you are in need of such services, please consult a professional, who can provide advice and care tailored to your specific situation.
- Individuals posting on this website are responsible for ensuring that posts comply with all applicable laws (such as those regarding copyright, defamation, etc.), and do not include inappropriate statements, such as racial slurs, obscenities, etc. Individuals submitting posts are responsible for ensuring that all content is original to them, or that they have any required permission to post it. In addition, individuals should not include the names of other individuals or institutions (such as doctors, nurses, hospitals, etc.); the intent of the comments feature is to provide a venue for people to share their own experiences generally, not to call out others for praise or criticism.
- This is a public forum, and it is understood that posts may be read widely. In addition to appearing on this website, HealthLeaders Media may use posts (including their content and the submitted name and institution of the poster) on other HealthLeaders Media and HCPro web sites, in printed promotional material, or otherwise, without further permission or any compensation. The posts on this website are for your own non-commercial use only; they may not be reprinted, distributed or compiled without the express written permission of HealthLeaders Media.
- This is not a place to solicit services or promote the sale of any goods, whether or not related to healthcare. For example, we ask that you do not submit posts that relate to provision of healthcare consulting services.
- Individuals submitting posts to this website agree to hold HealthLeaders Media, its agents, employees, officers and directors harmless from any loss, claim or damage arising from your use of any of the information and ideas contained on the site, including following suggestions or advice posted on this website.