Layoffs looming at Sacred Heart (WA)
“Ominous” is the word being used by employees to describe the atmosphere at Sacred Heart Medical Center, where the hospital says the slumping economy is forcing layoffs.
The hospital reports it is $7 Million behind it's budget plan this year. It says fewer people are having elective surgeries and more and more uninsured people are showing up unable to pay for the care they receive.Although Sacred Heart's profits are below expectations it is still making money. As of August the hospital’s profit margin was 2.8-percent.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges