Layoffs looming at Sacred Heart (WA)
“Ominous” is the word being used by employees to describe the atmosphere at Sacred Heart Medical Center, where the hospital says the slumping economy is forcing layoffs.
The hospital reports it is $7 Million behind it's budget plan this year. It says fewer people are having elective surgeries and more and more uninsured people are showing up unable to pay for the care they receive.Although Sacred Heart's profits are below expectations it is still making money. As of August the hospital’s profit margin was 2.8-percent.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse