Layoffs looming at Sacred Heart (WA)
“Ominous” is the word being used by employees to describe the atmosphere at Sacred Heart Medical Center, where the hospital says the slumping economy is forcing layoffs.
The hospital reports it is $7 Million behind it's budget plan this year. It says fewer people are having elective surgeries and more and more uninsured people are showing up unable to pay for the care they receive.Although Sacred Heart's profits are below expectations it is still making money. As of August the hospital’s profit margin was 2.8-percent.
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- How One Provider is Saving Millions on Imaging Equipment
- HIT in 2014: Portal Perils and Half-Built Houses
- SLIDESHOW: HL20 — 20 People Who Are Making a Difference in Healthcare - 2013
- State Health Disparities Trace Medicaid Expansion
- Q&A: Banner CEO on 'Getting the Cost Out'
- Intelligence Report: Cost-Containment Expertise
- Healthcare Unions Eye Gains in 2014