Layoffs looming at Sacred Heart (WA)
“Ominous” is the word being used by employees to describe the atmosphere at Sacred Heart Medical Center, where the hospital says the slumping economy is forcing layoffs.
The hospital reports it is $7 Million behind it's budget plan this year. It says fewer people are having elective surgeries and more and more uninsured people are showing up unable to pay for the care they receive.Although Sacred Heart's profits are below expectations it is still making money. As of August the hospital’s profit margin was 2.8-percent.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges