Officials tight-lipped about Mercy Hospital's potential buyers
While Mercy Health Partners is mum on which companies are in the running to buy its three hospitals and numerous outpatient clinics, two potential frontrunners are emerging: Texas-based Legacy Hospital Partners and Tennessee-based Community Health Systems.
Legacy Hospital Partners is a privately held company that focuses on acquiring and developing hospitals in partnership with various non-profit hospital companies, according to its website. LHP operates Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho, and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital-WNJ in Sherman, Texas. Company spokeswoman Patricia Ball did not return phone calls seeking comment.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%