Officials tight-lipped about Mercy Hospital's potential buyers
While Mercy Health Partners is mum on which companies are in the running to buy its three hospitals and numerous outpatient clinics, two potential frontrunners are emerging: Texas-based Legacy Hospital Partners and Tennessee-based Community Health Systems.
Legacy Hospital Partners is a privately held company that focuses on acquiring and developing hospitals in partnership with various non-profit hospital companies, according to its website. LHP operates Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho, and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital-WNJ in Sherman, Texas. Company spokeswoman Patricia Ball did not return phone calls seeking comment.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers