Officials tight-lipped about Mercy Hospital's potential buyers
While Mercy Health Partners is mum on which companies are in the running to buy its three hospitals and numerous outpatient clinics, two potential frontrunners are emerging: Texas-based Legacy Hospital Partners and Tennessee-based Community Health Systems.
Legacy Hospital Partners is a privately held company that focuses on acquiring and developing hospitals in partnership with various non-profit hospital companies, according to its website. LHP operates Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho, and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital-WNJ in Sherman, Texas. Company spokeswoman Patricia Ball did not return phone calls seeking comment.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- Physician Pay Will Soon Depend on Outcomes
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight