Saint Joseph Mercy Health System announces merger with IHA
The Saint Joseph Mercy Health System said today that it has completed its merger with Ann Arbor-based IHA, a physician group that cares for nearly 260,000 patients.
The merger creates one of the largest integrated health networks in Michigan and will be part of the health system's accountable care organization that is being formed, according to a news release.
IHA has 192 doctors and nurse practitioners and a total of 950 employees across 32 practices and will serve Saint Joseph Mercy in Washtenaw and Livingston counties and parts of western Wayne County and southwestern Oakland County. It joins the health system, which has seven hospitals in Metro Detroit and some 14,000 employees, including nearly 2,700 doctors.
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies