Saint Joseph Mercy Health System announces merger with IHA
The Saint Joseph Mercy Health System said today that it has completed its merger with Ann Arbor-based IHA, a physician group that cares for nearly 260,000 patients.
The merger creates one of the largest integrated health networks in Michigan and will be part of the health system's accountable care organization that is being formed, according to a news release.
IHA has 192 doctors and nurse practitioners and a total of 950 employees across 32 practices and will serve Saint Joseph Mercy in Washtenaw and Livingston counties and parts of western Wayne County and southwestern Oakland County. It joins the health system, which has seven hospitals in Metro Detroit and some 14,000 employees, including nearly 2,700 doctors.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013