Saint Joseph Mercy Health System announces merger with IHA
The Saint Joseph Mercy Health System said today that it has completed its merger with Ann Arbor-based IHA, a physician group that cares for nearly 260,000 patients.
The merger creates one of the largest integrated health networks in Michigan and will be part of the health system's accountable care organization that is being formed, according to a news release.
IHA has 192 doctors and nurse practitioners and a total of 950 employees across 32 practices and will serve Saint Joseph Mercy in Washtenaw and Livingston counties and parts of western Wayne County and southwestern Oakland County. It joins the health system, which has seven hospitals in Metro Detroit and some 14,000 employees, including nearly 2,700 doctors.
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Medicare to Finally Pay Doctors for Care They Were Giving Away
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- 3 Ways CFOs Can Help Achieve Physician Alignment
- CIOs, CMOs Share EHR, Telehealth Adoption Experiences
- Health Plans Braced for Open Enrollment
- TJC Announces 11% Increase in Top Performers
- Quality in Ambulatory Surgical Settings Gets a Closer Look