Nemour's 'previews' new Orlando children's hospital
Before architects got busy drawing up plans for Orlando's new Nemours Children's Hospital, the hospital's administrative team asked for advice. Not just from other children's hospitals, but from parents whose kids have been hospitalized repeatedly. As a result, the new hospital will feature mini-refrigerators in each patient's room so families can keep drinks, snacks and food handy. There are nooks in each room for storing all the stuff — from backpacks to laptops to teddy bears — that families bring for an extended hospital stay. One mom complained that, at most hospitals, there was no handy outlet where she could charge her cell phone. Planners took notes — and added outlets next to the sofa bed in each room. When Nemours opens its preview center today, visitors can take a peek at those changes — and see what else the newest children's hospital has in store for Central Florida.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion