WellPoint, IBM tie up for medical-data technology
U.S. health insurer WellPoint Inc and computer giant IBM agreed to commercially use IBM's Watson technology that could help physicians identify best treatment options.
The new system being developed will have the ability to look at massive amounts of medical literature and arrive at best treatment solutions, the companies said in a statement.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions