WellPoint, IBM tie up for medical-data technology
U.S. health insurer WellPoint Inc and computer giant IBM agreed to commercially use IBM's Watson technology that could help physicians identify best treatment options.
The new system being developed will have the ability to look at massive amounts of medical literature and arrive at best treatment solutions, the companies said in a statement.
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Ebola: Lawmakers, Healthcare Leaders Clash Over Quarantines
- Investing in Population Health Strategies Creates Financial Risk
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Ebola: Nurses Demand 'Tools We Need' to Fight Infection