WellPoint, IBM tie up for medical-data technology
U.S. health insurer WellPoint Inc and computer giant IBM agreed to commercially use IBM's Watson technology that could help physicians identify best treatment options.
The new system being developed will have the ability to look at massive amounts of medical literature and arrive at best treatment solutions, the companies said in a statement.
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Insurers' listings of in-network doctors often out of date
- How to navigate big data in healthcare
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Opinion: What healthcare can learn from CHS data breach
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows