Wisconsin State Journal, June 9, 2014

As Dr. Deb McLeish prepared to inject Botox into the arms and legs of 10-year-old Jossi Cabello to relieve stiffness from cerebral palsy, McLeish had to make sure Jossi's mother understood the risks. Guadalupe Cabello speaks Spanish, so McLeish relied on an interpreter, Guadalupe Mangin. McLeish told Cabello that Botox is related to the toxin that causes botulism, which can result in paralysis. Mangin repeated the words in Spanish. But when Botox is injected into muscles, it stays in the nerves and doesn't go into the bloodstream, McLeish said, pausing as Mangin relayed the message.
Facebook icon
LinkedIn icon
Twitter icon