Reshaping the Cardio Service Line for Population Health and Reform Challenges
"Wherever a patient enters our system, we have to be able to treat that person for all of their cardio needs for the rest of their life."
This exclusive, original research and analysis offers key insight from top healthcare executives and clinical leaders, including:
- Healthcare leaders now rank prevention (62%) and wellness (54%) as their top cardio service priorities, displacing outpatient and inpatient services.
- Cardio care is a significant and growing margin contributor: 76% report positive margin from cardio, and 66% expect it to increase in the next three years.
- Remote monitoring equipment represents the No. 1 technology providers are adding to improve cardio patient care while reducing costs.
- Nearly half of health systems (48%) expect to add hybrid operating rooms over the next three years, further setting their cardio programs apart from those of independent hospitals.
- Nearly half of respondents (46%) are pursuing alignment with cardio physician groups as their top means of driving cardio service line business.
The report is available in three versions:
FREE - The free Intelligence Report includes survey results drawn from the 5,000-member HealthLeaders Media Council, plus independent expert analysis.
PREMIUM - provides everything in the free report, plus: segmentation data; key takeaways and actionable strategies; three real-world case studies; and discussion questions.
PREMIUM BUYING POWER - is designed for healthcare industry suppliers and includes all the content in the Premium version, plus: detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections to aid marketing and sales strategies.
Media Requirements: Adobe Reader 9 or later, available for free download.