Faulty radiation equipment caused a 20-minute closer of a hospital emergency room in Encinitas Saturday, according to officials. Four San Diego County Sheriff's Department deputies arrived at the Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas emergency department with what they thought were high radiation levels due to readings on their equipment just after 11 a.m., said Janice Collins, an official with the hospital. Initially two deputies went to the hospital with radiation concerns and two more were sent shortly after, according to Mike Gibbs City Chief of the Encinitas fire department. The deputies were isolated once they arrived to the emergency room due to the radiation concerns. San Diego Hazmat and County Environmental Health officials were called in to access radiation levels at which point the decision was made to close down the emergency room, said Gibbs.