GOP leaders failed to reach agreement with conservative and moderate party members, handing a setback to the Trump administration.
- The U.S. House of Representatives postponed Thursday a vote on the American Health Care Act (AHCA). House leaders failed to round up sufficient support for the bill.
- Republicans need 215 votes to pass the bill.
- A vote could be rescheduled in coming days.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average immediately dropped 120 points in afternoon trading, after the delay was announced. The markets rallied, however, and the Dow was down 4.72 points for the day by the closing bell.
- Thursday is the seventh anniversary of the signing of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act into law.