HealthLeaders CEO Exchange: 4 Leadership Types for 2021
HealthLeaders CEO Exchange: 4 Leadership Types for 2021September 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed numerous healthcare industry issues, while presenting opportunities for hospital and health system CEOs to reevaluate their roles. To lead more successfully in the future, the role of the healthcare CEO needs to encompass: Proven Entrepreneur, Active Convener, Chief Accountability Officer and Compassionate Advocate. The Aug. 27, 2020 HealthLeaders CEO Exchange brought together executives to share how they are expressing these attributes in leading their organizations.
- It's one thing to have an idea, but it's another thing to effectively implement it and have the culture embrace it.
- Being an entrepreneur means sharing and receiving innovative ideas across the organization, no matter how big or small.
- CEOs must work to make their organization the voice of health and well-being, and be active influencers in their communities.
- CEOs must resolve to stay accountable to their organizations' strategic goals and focus on what’s important to the organization.
- CEOs be flexible and resilient in leading, including displaying compassion, humility, and vulnerability.