More than 161,000 employee surveys were used to determine ranking.
Fortune magazine has released its annual lists of the Best Workplaces in Healthcare. The two lists recognize the 30 best large workplaces and the 50 best small and medium workplaces.
Rankings were determined based on feedback from more than 161,000 surveys by employees from Great Place to Work-certified companies, and were then analyzed by the global people analytics firm.
For this certification, the firm required "statistically significant" survey results, and reviews of anomalies in responses, news, and the organization's financial performance.
The surveys consisted of responses to 60 statements and two open-ended questions. The statements centered on employee experience, considering the "trust, respect, credibility, fairness, pride, and camaraderie" of an organization.
Companies also provided data on size, location, industry, employee demographics, roles, and levels. By comparing the survey responses across demographic groups and roles within each organization, the firm was able to assess the quality and consistency of employee experience in each.
HealthLeaders has listed the Top 10 from each list:
Top Ten Best Large Workplaces in Healthcare
- Texas Health Resources (Arlington, Texas) – Hospital, 24,261 employees
- Elevance Health (Indianapolis, Indiana) – Insurance provider, 67,655 employees
- Southern Ohio Medical Center (Portsmouth, Ohio) – Hospital, 3,213 employees
- Blue Shield of California (Oakland, California) – Services, 7,537 employees
- Northwell Health (New Hyde Park, New York) – Hospital, 66,234 employees
- Baptist Health South Florida (Coral Gables, Florida) – Hospital, 21,774 employees
- OhioHealth (Columbus, Ohio) – Hospital, 28,648 employees
- Scripps Health (San Diego, California) – Hospital, 16,697 employees
- WellStar Health System (Marietta, Georgia) – Hospital, 21,400 employees
- Atlantic Health System (Morristown, New Jersey) – Hospital, 14,055 employees
Top Ten Best Small and Medium Workplaces in Healthcare
- Maven Clinic (New York City, New York) – Services, 354 employees
- Aledade (Bethesda, Maryland) – Services, 616 employees
- Ro Health (New York City, New York) – Services, 484 employees
- Fusion Medical Staffing (Omaha, Nebraska) – Services, 500 employees
- Nice Healthcare (Roseville, Minnesota) – Services, 160 employees
- GoodRx (Santa Monica, California) – Services, 525 employees
- Virta Health (San Francisco, California) – Specialty, 411 employees
- Thirty Madison (New York City, New York) – Services, 171 employees
- Prime Time Healthcare (Omaha, Nebraska) – Services, 308 employees